Please note Reconsideration of value must be submitted within 30 days of receiving the completed appraisal report.
- The completed appeal form with NO MORE than 3 confirmed comparable sales.
- Comparable sales are defined as:
- Closed sales within the subject’s defined market area
- Closed sales no more than 90 days BEFORE the effective date of the appraisal (Older sales may be used if they fall within the acceptable range used by the appraiser.)
- Closed sales within a similar distance or close than the closed sales used in the grid of the appraisal report.
- Closed sales with comparable room count, square footage or other significant amenities such as lot size, pool, and/or upgrades to the kitchen and bath.
- Corrections to the appraisal such as square footage and room count – the Broker/LO is to provide proof (tax records, county records, etc.) to prove incorrect reporting by the appraiser to justify an amended value. Please note that public records may or may not be accurate.
- GLA variances should not exceed more than 20% of the subject GLA.
- One of the above instructions was not followed.
- Do not suggest value, past values or estimates of value of any kind. Do not submit past appraisals or any part of a past appraisal.
- Since multiple reconsiderations requests can be perceived as an attempt to influence the appraiser’s value, APA will allow this process only once. Please do not resubmit a previous appeal.
- Do not dispute adjustments – Adjustments are based on the market’s reaction to a comparable feature. This opinion is factual information derived from the appraiser’s research in the market area.
- Please refrain from personal or disparaging comments as the appeal form goes directly to the appraiser